MySQL Clustering and Replication

dwacks@interactcommerce.com dwacks@interactcommerce.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:17:04 -0700

Hi,

I was wondering if you had set up a MySQL clustering solution. I found the
MySQL Clustering Toolkit: http://prometheus.zerodivide.net/mysql_cluster/
Have any of you used it?
I found a recommended best way for replication is that one server is used
for INSERT / UPDATE / DELETE, while others are used replicated from this
one, and all are used for queries.
What about service availability and load balancing issues?

I am looking for some input on the best solution to implement this:
Hardware/OS/configuration

We have a layer 4 switch that allows us to load balance among several
servers. I think setting up a master server then several slaves that are
clustered. This allows us to connect via the layer4 IP/Name which would
redirect to one of the slave servers.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

David C.Z. Wacks	Website Manager
					Interact Commerce Corporation
Phone:   480 368-3806                  8800 N. Gainey Center Drive
         800 555-4424 x 3806           Suite 200
FAX:     480 315-3121                  Scottsdale, AZ  85258
Mobile:  480 560-1195                  480.368.3700
Pager:   602 340-2218
Text:   4805601195@uswestdatamail.com (100 chars)
eMail:  dwacks@interactcommerce.com