X-Forwarding

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:01:43 -0700 (MST)

Ok, now for my $0.02 rant on xhost.... note there is a *large*
difference between

xhost + foo

and

xhost +foo

One is very, very scary as it releases all pretenses of security on
your X session.

Understanding which is which is left as an exercise for the reader.
:-)

David

\_ kewl, this option worked just fine, as I could allow one trusted IP, it
\_ was just what the Dr. Ordered for a brief temporary solution. Thanks to
\_ the others that replied as well.
\_
\_
\_ Jonathan Furrer