OpenBSD 2.7 is out

datawolf@ibm.net datawolf@ibm.net
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:41:52 -0700

I have really never felt that Open Source was Marxist.  Though many
Marxist people seem to really like the concept, it does not have the
aspect of control that Marxist governments exhibit.  I've always thought
Open Source was more like anarchy.

The analogy I like to use is that it's like a good-old-fashioned barn
raising.  A bunch of people in a farming community would get together
and build a barn for one of the farmers.  And then that farmer would
help someone else build a barn.  It's mutually benificial, and totally
voluntary.

I have a theory that all political systems seek the same thing, but none
of them actually know what it is or how to attain it.  :-)

-BVG