mgetty -> dialup server

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:59:28 -0700 (MST)

I am trying to get a dialup server working and have run against a few
problems.  First, what I want:
I want to be able to dial into my linux box, and then be able to ssh
into it.  I would also like for that dialup box to "issue" an IP
address that is in the internal net (e.g. 192.168.2.x). The client
should be able to get an IP such as 192.168.2.10 and a gateway of
192.168.2.1, which is the ip of the server. The server will have a
nic card or two running ipmasq.

I have been able to get mgetty to answer, and I have been able to connect.
I cannot telnet into the server.  It says connection refused.
My netmask keeps showing up as 255.255.255.255 for this ppp0 connection.
I have set the netmask in /etc/ppp/options to:
netmask 255.255.255.0
with no luck.

Can anyone offer some guidance in getting my dailup
squared away?

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon