Exceed and linux

Paul Dickson dickson@primenet.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 01:22:14 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Joseph T. Tannenbaum wrote:

> you don't need anything on the linux end.  On the windows end,
> make an xstart using telnet and emulation. on the cmdline, put
> xterm -display @d.  The @d grabs your ip address and passes it
> to the host to display back to your machine.  You can also do
> a single window mode to the machine and log in with xdm if the
> machine has it.

That's so complicated!  Xceed for me just lists the systems which have
XDM, GDM, or KDM running on my network.  I just click on the host I
want to connect and, viola, I get a login banner.  This works under RH
5.2.  RH 6.0 needed debugging turned on inorder for GDM to work.

My RH 6.1 system is a dual-boot with Xceed software, so I don't
connect to it with Xceed.

I've forgotten if there is any setup required.

	-Paul Dickson