Mdk7.1/XF86Setup problem...

Digital Wokan wokan@home.com
Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:42:16 -0700

I have a problem with setting up X under Mandrake 7.1 that's a little
different from the earlier problems I read about on the list...

The video card is a Diamond Viper V550 (RivaTNT chipset, 16MB).
When installing 7.1, I told it I wanted to use 1024x768x32.  What I got
was maybe 32 bit color, but it was 640x480 or 800x600 (not sure which
exactly).
So I decide the installer must have done a poor job of selecting my
default resolution.  (Ctrl-Alt-+ did not help.)
When I tried running XF86Setup as I have so many times under 7.0, I got
surprised with some error lines concerning cards missing from the
"SERVER" section...
... Trident TGUI 9660 (generic) (line 2513)
... Trident TGUI 9680 (generic) (line 2519)
... Trident Cyber 9320 (generic) (line 2537)
Segmentation fault.  Core dumped.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I tried downloading the individual
RPM's I thought might be involved from tux.org, but I still get that
error.  I don't even have a clue where to begin looking at the moment.
I did just sign up on the Mandrake discussion lists and I do plan to ask
there, but the archives I saw didn't bode well for much success.
--
Digital Wokan
Tribal mage of the electronics age