php3

Marc Chung mchung@asu.edu
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:43:30 -0700 (MST)

I use to run into a problem similar to that.. I remember symlinking it
and reasoning that it was quite a cheap hack.. I don't remember who told
me or where I found out (Mark P?) but I started using the
``--activate-module'' tag and stuff started working, so I became happy

=)

Here's a little snippet of a howto I've got stashed away

Cheers

--

      1.MySQL 3.22.32

             1../configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
             2.make
             3.make install

      2.Apache 1.3.12

             1../configure
                      --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
                      --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a \

      3.Mod_PHP 4.0.0

             1../configure \
                      --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
                      --with-apache=../apache_1.3.12 \
                      --enable-track-vars
             2.make
             3.make install

      4.Apache 1.3.12

             1../configure
                      --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
                      --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a \
             2.make
             3.make test
             5.make install

Worked pleasantly on rh6.0, 6.1 and 6.2

--
Marc Chung [mchung@asu.edu]
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately"