php3

Rod Roark rod@sunsetsystems.com
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 17:01:45 -0700

There's a prescribed, rather involved procedure for doing this.  It
includes compiling things in the right order with the right
configuration options.  I've done it for PostgreSQL (which BTW I like
more than MySQL), and you should find the details somewhere in the PHP
installation instructions.

You should make careful, precise notes of exactly what you do -- so you
can better ask for help if it doesn't work, and so you can do it again
later when something needs to be upgraded.

Regards,

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/