Too old to code? -- Not at Excelco !

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:55:19 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Kevin Buettner wrote:

> On Jun 2,  7:57am, John Mosier wrote:
>
> > Excelco values experience that normally comes with age.
> [...]
> > If any of this sounds interesting, please send plain text resumes to
> > me.
>
> Hi John,
>
> I recall seeing messages from two people on this list who are at the
> other end of the spectrum, young (still teenagers), but obviously
> eager to learn and work in a job having something to do with
> computers.  Do you have any internship positions available for such
> people?

From my experience ( I was working for John until an unrefusable offer got
in the way :) he's very open to working with people on boths ends of the
spectrum as far as experience and/or age goes. He likes to key on attitude
and goals as well as technical potential. It was a very welcome relief to
my experiences with Motorola.

> (When I was around that age, I ended up working at the local Coca-Cola
> plant in LaCrosse, WI sorting bottles and loading trucks.  But, I had

I did worse and joined the army :). At least I got to play with
helicopters...

> already had several years of computer related experience from building
> and programming my homebrew 8080a based system.  I would have jumped
> at the chance for a computer related job and, even at that age, I
> think I would've been a valuable employee.)

Anybody with technical capabilities is a valuable employee. The key is
whether or not they are also a valued employee ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --