CD-R help - a possible clue?

Rod Roark rod@sunsetsystems.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:59:57 -0700

I missed the earlier discussion... sorry if this was already covered,
but you also need the SCSI generic driver.

In fact most distributions will support ATAPI CDR's out of the box.  No
kernel compiling required.  For Red Hat 6.x, the following works for me:

* In /etc/lilo.conf:

  append="hdc=ide-scsi"   (if hdc is the CDR)

* After bootup, or in /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

  modprobe sg
  modprobe ide-scsi

-- Rod