CD-R help - a possible clue?

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:29:53 -0700

Thanks for the help Art,

Actually I've been using the HOWTO myself to try to get this to work.

I have the ide-scsi, ide-cd and sr_mod loaded into my kernel. in fstab, I
have the following line:

/dev/scd0	/mnt/cd1	iso9660	noauto, user	0	0

which would load it just like my cdrom(?), which is /dev/hdd on /mnt/cdrom.

when I go to mount, I get this error:

mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/scd0 as a block device
(maybe 'insmod driver'?)

and I'm at a loss.

Thanks