CD-R help - a possible clue?

Art Wagner awagner@uswest.net
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 13:30:27 -0700

Lucas;
The devices you mention (/dev/scd0,scd1 etc) are the
correct ones for scsi emulation for CD-R and CD-RW. You need
"scsi generic support" compiled into your kernel or as modules.
You need modules "scsi_mod.o, ide-scsi.o, isofs.o, and cdrom.o"
or compile the equivalent into the kernel. After these
modules are installed, and a fstab entry of;
/dev/scd0  /mnt/cdrom  iso9660  defaults  0 0
is included, and the directory /mnt/cdrom is present
the command "cdrecord -scanbus" should give a response showing the
presence of your CD-R drive.
I found a lot of good info as to setup and usage in the
CD-Writing-HOWTO.
Good Luck
Art Wagner