Linux Job Order

Bob George qvj3yeleisnvknl4mdj5@proxymate.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 20:40:19 -0700

"Jarvis Mark-MC33419" <Mark.Jarvis@motorola.com> wrote:

> [...]
> FWIW, most technical people are NOT wordsmiths--get competent help on the
> wording, etc. of your resume--it's worth it!

Now there's a thought: Would helping folks out with their resume count as
good karma by the Open Source world? I'm not much of a programmer, but I
write a pretty slick resume!

I'm doing the job search myself. I've updated my resume, but am unwilling to
chop it out to any less than four well formatted pages. I figure a resume is
like a good novel: I need to make it compelling enough in the first couple
of paragraphs to get anybody to read on. A page and a half of pure jargon
without listing actual accomplishments strikes me as worse than too much
detail (having done a fair amount of resume reviews myself lately.) If
someone skimming it decides it's too damn long, then I'd be happier working
elsewhere.

- Bob