Reformatting harddrive

Patrick Stoddard wd9ewk@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 14:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- sinck@corp.quepasa.com wrote:

> \_ > that I cannot delete the partition while logical drives exist,
> even
> \_ > though I have also deleted the logical drives.  Somebody please
>
> try deleting logical partions, flush/write changes (perhaps quit
>          fdisk)
> try deleting extended partitions.
>
> It could be that there are flags there that say somethings in the way
> until it reads it empty on start.

What are you using to delete the partition(s)?

In the few times I had to remove ext2 partitions from a hard drive and
put Windows back on, I ended up using a Red Hat install CD.  I started
the install process, selected fdisk or Disk Druid, deleted the
partitions and then saved my changes.  Then turn the power off, and
proceed with whatever you need to do with the hard drive.

Patrick