Linux Programmer

Mike Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 10:49:48 -0700

>>On the other hand if you write VB 2-liner and you want to
distribute that you have to have 2/3 floppies just to fit
the supporitng libraries on it.<<

No, you just have to track down the five other packages or tarballs you need
to install in order to run your new software. I've run into more than a
couple of programs that had some very obscure dependencies. This is one of
the roadblocks for consumer acceptance. The consumer is not going to be
happy with an install routine that tells them "Here's a list of other things
you need to run this software, you're on your own from here bud." Even as an
experienced user, I find this highly annoying.

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/