bit off topic -> NetApp

Jonathan Furrer jonny@jofu.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:04:26 -0700 (MST)

What are you refering to by I wish my software supported this? A netapp is
pretty much a server within itself. If you can mount NFS or SMB you can
mount off of and use a netapp. I have no experience with EMC, and its no
surprise to me that the netapp rep didn't include them in our most recent
presentation (every now and again we get taken out to lunch by our rep so
he can go over the latest and greatest netapp has and try to make a new
sale). But according to their pressentations they are growing rapidly, so
it may not be long till, if they're not close already, they're noticed as
the industry leader. I will say that we use them, as you suggested, in a
datacenter environment, and I can't imagine life without it. Regarding
just about everything from quotas to mounts to management, these boxes get
what needs to be done for us :-) Oh, and regarding making back-ups a
dream, using Veritas and our filer I would have to say yes, its rather
dreamy :P

Jonathan Furrer
jonny@jofu.com
http://www.jofu.com/