Netscape nightmare, need help

Mark Berkwitt mark.berkwitt@home.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:24:06 -0700

Is the Netscape Address book of any use to anyone?

Now, whenever I try to open the Address book via menu it crashes
Netscape.

If I could, I would like to delete just the Address book and regenerate
it.  What addresses I have in it are minimal and can be easily replaced.

If I do an uninstall of netscape and then an install, will that likely
fix these problems?

Several other problems I have with Netscape are as follows:

1. Address book never opened with the suggested Alt+Shft+2 key combo.

2. Automating an address entry to a new message without typing it in is
clumsy at best.

3. The <Enter> key on the keypad is non-functional in netscape.

4. If I go to change the email address and server id in Preferences, the
old email account is still downloaded instead of the new one.

Do I need to go into the preferences file to get this done?

Thanks.