Web Server

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:09:04 -0700

It seems like on Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 09:52:55AM -0700, James Shaker scribbled:
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Hello,
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> I need to procure 3 rack mount servers.  In sorting through what is
Orig Msg> available out there I have found that
Orig Msg> most are RedHat based.  Whatever I buy, I will change to Debian.  The first
Orig Msg> server I want to have a hot
Orig Msg> swap raid array and dual hot swap power supplies.  The other 2 servers will
Orig Msg> not be connected to the web,
Orig Msg> but communicate data to the web server and do not need the raid
Orig Msg> array.  Does anyone on this list have
Orig Msg> any suggestions or caveats?
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> James Shaker
Orig Msg> james@vartek-corp.com
Orig Msg>

Since you are going to make it Debian anyway why bother with
a preinstalled OS.
I just did a purchase from TPI to the tune of $15K and the service was great,
the people were helpful and knowledgable, and even my special orders came
in on time or early.  Oh yeah, the prices were good too.

http://www.technology-partners.com

Jean Francois Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular, ICQ:  8137851