am I just naive about spam

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:34:59 -0700

FYI, I have a rather drastic, but very useful rule in my procmail
recipes... it moves EVERYTHING not *explicitly* addressed to me that
is also not caught by my mailing list recipes to a folder called
"POSSIBLE-SPAM."  Since I put this recipe in my inbox is wonderfully
quiet and almost NO SPAM gets through.  It's 99.9% effective for
spam.  Mind you, it's drastic, and you really want to have your
mailing lists going to other things first, but here it is:

(note: replace you@yourdomain.com - duh)

### Recipe number 24
### Name: AntiSpam2
:0H
* !^TOyou@yourdomain.com
{

	### Save to file
	### test if the directory exists
	FILE = POSSIBLE-SPAM
	FILE = `/bin/echo $FILE | /bin/sed -e 'y/ /_/'`
	DIR = `/usr/bin/dirname $FILE`
	:0 icw
	* !? test -d $DIR
	| /usr/local/lib/dotfile-2.2/procmail/mkdirhier $DIR

	:0c:
	$FILE

	### Now stop this action.
	:0i