am I just naive about spam

Mike Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:06:37 -0700

You just learned the hard way that "unsubscribing" from SPAM is actually a
means of collecting and selling valid addresses. Short of changing your
email address, it will take quite some time before the level of spam you get
subsides (and it might never drop off).

(I wonder if we subscribed our friendly legislators to a few SPAM lists if
they'd actually get off their collective butts and do something about it...)

Michael J. Sheldon
Internet Applications Developer
Phone: 480.699.1084
http://www.desertraven.com/
PGP Key Available on Request

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of arson
smith
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2000 15:47
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: am I just naive about spam

Not so much linux related but still I felt I
needed to vent somewhere any you guys should
understand where I am comeing from.

I was getting an occasional spam email like
maybe once a week when I decided that I should
go ahead and fill out the stuff to be removed.
as soon as I did that I don't know if they
decided wow I have a real address here.  now
I get 3-10 spam messages from porn-home bussnes-
loan-everything else crap.  I never understood
why people complained so much until now.  I
don't know if it is from the place I said to
unsubscribe me or if they just sold my email
to everyone else in the world??? arg!!

Bill Warner