Browser?

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:59:20 GMT

I have heard that the kfm from kde is good.  I haven't
used it more than maybe five minutes and I left with a
decent impression.  I need java and for now netscrape is
really my only choice.  My suggest would be to hold out
with netscape until mozilla is put into a decent working
order as that is what I am doing.  Despite a previous review
here on the list I think mozilla is going to be an extremely
powerful and fast browser.  It already supports everything
(except java) that netscape does at about 1/4 the size.
plus it loads html at least 2x faster than any other browser
I have used and it still has lots of debugging stuff built
in.  I am upset that they are handling gtk widgets in a
really weird way but it has something to do with html standards
compliance that it cannot be complaint with native widgets
which is why the widows version looks almost exactly like
the linux version.

Bill Warner