Summer on PCs

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:16:28 -0700

\_ Due to the nature of refrigerators being designed to keep cold in
\_ and air out, I am learning how to drill just the right holes to
\_ have 1 cable in for power and 1 cable out for Ethernet and still
\_ keep the integrity of the fridge.

a) What, you're trying to make your icewall as good as your firewall? :-)
b) Would it be easier/better to compromise the molding along the hinge
side of the door for the lines?  That rubber/plastic can probably be
adjusted easier than holes in doors, and is a lot more replaceable,
IIRC.

\_ That is the only thing slowing me down since I only want to cut once
\_ without hitting any internal coils.
Bah...I've remodeled houses with chainsaws.  Mmmm, there's nothing
like the roar and smell of a gas chainsaw inside lived-in a house.

\_ I tested the unit for condensation by putting in 2 motherboards overnight
\_ and then pulled them out. The freezer gets too cold for PC equipment but
\_ the bottom half is ok.
Hmmm, maybe you need a 'frost free' model?  I dunno.

\_ Used fridges are dirt cheap.
And sometimes don't have freon?

David
<pentagram>