Summer on PCs

Rooster dbarker6@uswest.net
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:30:53 -0700

>I'd like to move my constantly-running Linux server into the garage. One
>less humming noise-maker in the house. Now the question to those
>Arizonians is, if any of you has experience with running PCs at such
>high environment temperatures.
>
>Temperature is the biggest issue. Of course, I'd try to pick components
>which aren't already running hot (so no o/ced CPUs, 10K SCSI drivers or
>similar). Still, the question remains if maybe the whole attempt to run
>a PC with standard office components at outside temperatures isn't
>entirely futile.

if the humming is too loud, wouldn't it just be better to get newer
and quieter power supply and case fans than risk the heat? i've got 3
case fans in mine and not much noise at all. and that's not counting
the cpu fan and a fan on a swappable drive unit. old fans make noise.
get something newer and smoother running.