Language translator script?

jkenner@mindspring.com jkenner@mindspring.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:10:29 -0500

I think a well compressed phrase dictionary containing the entirety of a few common/proper dialects of two major languages could easily fit on a DVDROM, if not a CD.

---
plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us wrote:

\_
\_ Actually, the real problem lies in the assumption made who knows
\_ when, by people who made translation dictionaries, that such
\_ dictionaries need contain only words and their translations.

mmmmm....  I think the problem comes from people using basic
translation dictionaries and assuming they've got the entire
multi-thousand-year-old language in a happy little book.  :-)

\_ There is a simple, albeit time consuming,
+ proc + memory + disk .... :-)