Language translator script?

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@qwest.net
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:58:42 -0700

[linux is part of this, I swear]

OK, I admit it I like to play games like D&D.  I recently picked up a copy of
Dragon Magazine and in it, it has a lexicon for the dwarven language.  I was
looking around on freshmeat, but didn't notice anything that looked like it
could do what I wanted.  Basically I'm hoping to find a script or program that
can take english and parse it into dwarven (maybe by reading a text file),
something along the lines of an ircbot without needing to connect to irc.  I
would like something like this because I'm making a Dwarven cleric for the group
that meets tomorrow and thought it would be funny if he didn't speak common,
just dwarven, making it harder to understand him (I type a sentence into my
laptop and read back the output).

My laptop does run linux, only problem I have with it is Windows is able to do
1024x768x16bpp, but linux can only do 1024x768x8bpp, cant' figure why, but it
don't matter cause that works fine for me.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday madness.