gnome and kde

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:52:19 -0800

I'm not tracking it down. I'm sick and tired of constantly trying to track
stupid problems like this one down. If I had a dime for every time I tried
to install a piece of software, whether it be freshmeat or the KDE or just
trying to listen to a CD, I could have bought a licensed version of Win2k
and a compatible computer to run it on by now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Buettner [mailto:kev@primenet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 10:48 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: gnome and kde

On Dec 5,  7:04am, Lucas Vogel wrote:

> Someone e-mail me when KDE/Gnome are more usable. I'm going back to
> AfterStep.

I, for one, have very few problems with Gnome.  I think if you could
figure out the reason for your keyboard problems, you'd be set.  Is
it possible that there's something which SUSE configures differently
that's causing your problems?

In any case, I think it would be worthwhile for you to track this
problem down...

Kevin