gnome and kde

Rusty Carruth rustyc@descomp.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:06:48 -0700 (MST)

> screensaver - whatever happened I had to reboot. As it stands right now, I
> can't log in at all.
>
> It's getting to the point where I'm REALLY starting to get pissed off...

I saw someone's recommendation that you re-install gnome.
Before that, I'd change the runlevel to 3 so that you don't
start x automatically, then I'd go see what logs I can
find, and if either there are no logs OR they are no help,
then I'd probably try running x directly (I forget if you
gave a distro - I usually use startx but this may not be right
for you) and checking for errors, etc....

rusty