init.d startup scripts.

Don Harrop Don Harrop <don@nis4u.com>
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:47:11 -0700 (MST)

Hey pluggers.

  I've written an HPUX init.d startup script to start sshd at bootup.
The problem is that no matter what I do the daemon is killed off after
init.d is over.  I know that it starts because I've encorporated a ps
command to output to a file in my script and it is a process running.
After I log in though and do an lsof -i :22 or a ps to find my sshdaemon
it's not there.  I've tried starting it with an & for a background process
and that doesn't work.  I've also tried su'ing to root and executing sshd
but I get an error message saying I don't have execute permissions.  sshd
is chmod'ed 755 so it should be able to execute.  I need a bone here
guys.. :-)