guerilla linux marketing - a thought

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:45:39 -0700

After reading the post about the windows ssh tool that fits on a floppy,
plus following the thread on the fsb mailing list about linux ( see "Why
Open Source Sucks for the Consumer" thread) , I have a thought. The
vncviewer program is really small, can run on Windows and can fit on a
floppy. I think a cool idea would be if we had a community server that we
could set up for people to try/view linux with, and hand them out floppy
disks with the vncviewer on it with an instruction/introduction/howto manual
on it so that they could explore and even use it for practical purposes.
Now, vnc isn't necessarily bandwidth friendly, but it still seems like a
neat idea.

Any thoughts?

Lucas Vogel, Software Developer
Technology Development Practice