New business startup help/suggestions/info needed

Hawke proudhawk19021@home.com
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 09:17:28 -0700

well,
they seem pretty popular in Billing Montanna (largest sity up there
and its
got only 140,000 people).

there are three that I know of over by ASU. No idea how successful
they are.

Kinkos has something similar, but they charge like $19 an hour
for thier time.

However, if you start small with room to grow, you should reach
optimum
size without too much effort.

Also, from what I understand, location plays a large part in the
success or failure of the business.

One other point, cybercafe's are VERY popular abroad (mostly because
most folks don't own home computers).

The only thing I see as a problem right now is how (and where) do
I get the funds?

On the other hand, I could try, for a few more years to get a job
(with
my chances decreasing because I am passing the mid thirties and have
no work history for the last 11 years). This is an old issue with me
as I can't get what I need when I need it (a job). I wouldn't mind
OJT, but
not many places offer that 9especially in the CSR/ISP/ADMIN fields).

Dennis Sacks wrote:

  One concern about cyber cafes - have any of them been successful
anywhere?
  I've never been in one that has had many customers. I like the idea
of a
  cyber cafe in theory, but I'm not sure how it can be built into a
good
  business model.

  > It has been suggested to me that I issue cards of prepaid time
  > (such as 30 minute, 60 minute, up to 1000 minutes) for various
prices.
  > The cost is computed on a per-minute basis and the larger cards
  > would reflect a discount).

  Prepaid cards are good business. You have the customer's money (and
can
  earn interest on it) and the customer has nothing but a piece of
plastic
  that they one day *may* use.

  > I am also looking at who would offer the best backbone service
  > (or should I go with more than one with an in-house peering
  > arrangement?), such as Cox, AT&T, QWEST, Sprint, MCI.

  The best backbone service will be offered by some company called
  OpNIX......maybe you've heard of us?

  Dennis Sacks
  dennis@illusions.com
  Managed Services Geek, OpNIX, Inc. www.opnix.com