editors

Joel Dudley joel@silverw.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:32:40 -0700

Yes, I guess I should have weighted the volitility of my question :-).  I
will tell everyone right now that I have tried to use vi and I don't like it
(please don't burn down my house).  I was thinking about editors that did
text highlighting and the like for program code without having to use an
IDE. remember I am a programming newbie so be lienient if my terms or
questions seem incorrect.  Thank you.
----- Original Message -----
From: <ericb@cybertrails.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: editors

> Talk about a question to start a war :) ...
>
> use vi! :)
>
> hehe... it's great, once you get used to it :)
>
> Eric
>
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 11:24:33AM -0700, Joel Dudley wrote:
> > Like I had previously stated to the PLUG, I am teaching myself
programming.  Currently I am using my favorite editor, Pico, to create my
source code.  Now Pico works great, but I was wondering if any of the code
gnomes out there knew of any text editors that facilitated coding (I am
doing java right now) better.  I am not interested in any IDE's at the
moment because I want my learning experience to be very raw, if that makes
any sense.  Thank you for taking the time to read my message.