WordPerfect 8 for Linux installed, but where??

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 22:19:54 -0700

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 09:22:46PM -0700, Mark Berkwitt wrote:
> This is getting frustrating.
> I've installed WordPerfect 8 for linux but I can't find it.
> I thought I installed it to
> /Program Files/WordPerfect8  but nothing is there.

Program Files?!?!  Good grief.  You did say you did this on Linux,
right?  What's wrong with /usr/local/wp or /opt/wp?  And besides,
directories with spaces in them are a pain in the ass.  A lot of
stuff you might need to use (shells, file managers, maybe even
wp's own startup script, if it has one) won't be expecting a
curveball like that.  In a shell, you'd have to type
cd /Program\ Files
to escape the space, and that will cost you valuable keystrokes.
Making you get carpal tunnel at a slighly younger age.  Geez.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org