WordPerfect 8 for Linux installed, but where??

Mark Berkwitt mberkwitt@home.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:22:46 -0700

--------------1671112B9197CF0E644BBE27

This is getting frustrating.
I've installed WordPerfect 8 for linux but I can't find it.
I thought I installed it to
/Program Files/WordPerfect8  but nothing is there.
Yes, I created the subdirectories beforehand.

I was supposed to be able to find /etc/magic and  /wpbin/README.install
but I don't.  I've tried various searches but to no avail.

Help.

Later that day...

For some reason the above letter never got posted, so...

Note: I'm using Mandrake 7.0 with kde.

One thing I really don't know how to do is install software into linux.
I naively believed the R EADME file that comes in WordPerfect.tar.gz.

"The Runme script will launch the Corel WordPerfect installation for
you.
At this point, simply answer the questions you are prompted for during
the install."

I used a directory structure that has served me so well in Windows:

   * Created folders /Downloads/WordPerfect8/WordPerfect.tar.gz
   * And folders /Program Files/WordPerfect8/***EMPTY***

I moved  WordPerfect.tar.gz to /Downloads/WordPerfect8, right-clicked it
and selected Archiver.  I then extracted 14 files to
/Downloads/WordPerfect8 and after reading the attached Readme file, I
ran /bin/sh  and then ran "Runme", the installation program.  It asked
me where to install and I said /Program Files/WordPerfect8.

Right now I can't find a shortcut, and don't know what kind of file to
look for even if I could find it.  I could probably install another Word
Processor as some respondants have suggested, but that doesn't solve the
problem I currently have with WordPerfect.

All reasonable suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Mark

--------------1671112B9197CF0E644BBE27

Corel WordPerfect FTP Download Instructions

This file has been written to document the steps required to install
the FTP downloaded version of Corel WordPerfect.

1) Download the file(s) from the web into an empty directory.
2) Unzip each downloaded file(s).
3) Untar each downloaded file(s) (tar xf <file>).
4) Run the newly created Runme script.

Note: In order for the GUI installation to work, your display environment
must be set correctly.

The Runme script will launch the Corel WordPerfect installation for you.
At this point, simply answer the questions you are prompted for during
the install.

Note: The Runme script must operate in the /bin/sh environment.
If you encounter problems, start the Runme script using "sh Runme".

We hope you enjoy using Corel WordPerfect for Unix.  If this is a demo
version, and you like it, then buy it.

--------------1671112B9197CF0E644BBE27--