Need word processor for Linux

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:47:20 -0700

> Wasn't WordPerfect for Linux once a free download?
> Getting WordPerfect would help a transition to Linux for a friend who's
> making the effort.

Heres the link to the free version of wordperfect 8.
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/corel/sites/0,10384,0,00.html

I personally prefer staroffice ( www.openoffice.com ) I find that it does a
better job that MS office for the most part.  Alot of people say it sucks,
but they are mostly refering to the inport export of MS office documents and
with the new 5.2 version, alot of those arguments have gone away.  I have
found that the part that seems not to be able to import very well is the
presentation system (power point import), but the word processor has gotten
very good at importing.

Brian Cluff