question for any C++ progammers

Eric Samson airickjay@home.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:24:13 MST

Ok, this is frustrating...

yesterday when I compiled some stuff I wrote in C++, I was able to run the
executable by typing exp1.o at the command prompt...  Today, I tried it
again and got the following output:

[]$ cd ~/C++assignments
[C++assignments]$ g++ Assn2.cpp -oexp1.o
[C++assignments]$ dir
Assn2.cpp      Currency2-1.o	     Currencycalc2-2.cpp   Currencycalc3.cpp
Assn2.cpp~     Currency2-2.o	     Currencycalc2-2.cpp~  exp1.o
Currency1.cpp  Currencycalc2-1.cpp   Currencycalc2.cpp
Currency1.o    Currencycalc2-1.cpp~  Currencycalc2.cpp~
[C++assignments]$ exp1.o
bash: exp1.o: command not found
[C++assignments]$

For some reason my compiled program won't run today, but it did yesterday
using the exact same commands.  I love linux, but little inconsistent crap
like this is really aggrivating...  I re-installed the gcc RPM's and
upgraded my BASH shell to no avail...  I need some help here, or it's back
to M$ Visual C++ to get my school work done.  I am trying to avoid this,
especially since I got done telling my class how great open source and Linux
are, but now I might have to eat my words next week...  ANY help would be
appreciated..

Thanks in advance,

Eric