wine and starcraft

Roger Prutsman rprutsman@yahoo.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:42:06 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if any of you guys have tried StarCraft
under linux, but if I can pull this off, I am a huge
step closer to not rebooting to the dark side.

I have installed the latest rpm of wine (20000614-1).
I have got everything installed correctly. I can pull
up many programs under it. I am trying to run
StarCraft, though. I notice when I bring up the
StarEdit program, that I only see 8 colors. I have
specified 8bpp, which is 256. When I try to launch
StarCraft, it tells me to set my display to 640x480 x
256 colors. I have made a copy of my XF86Config file
and set it accordingly. Yet, I still only get 8
colors, and StarCraft won't start up successfully.
Does anyone know how I can set this so it will work
correctly?

And yes, I have read all the HOW-TOs on this subject,
both Wine and StarCraft.