Newbie seeking advice

Dan Lund dan_lund@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 07:21:07 MST

Hi John,

My own personal advice would be go first try Redhat, and get to know the
files by hand after the installation went through.  Redhat tends to be the
"easiest" to install and has a GUI for most things to get you up to speed
fast.  After that, if you feel your up to speed on Linux, you can install
different distributions that aren't new-user oriented such as debian or
slackware.  My 2 cents :)  Mandrake is pretty good as it's an enhancement on
Redhat, however the few bugs it does have tend to make me sway away from
advising a Linux newbie to use it on their first try.

Take care,
Norman Lund