Star Office

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:51:41 -0700

It seems like on Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 09:10:58AM -0700, Mike Starke scribbled:

Orig Msg> I just installed Star Office (5.1) <found a cd laying around>.
Orig Msg> I first installed it as root under /usr/local and could only
Orig Msg> run it as root.
Orig Msg> I then installed it as a user, under another directory, and could
Orig Msg> run it only as that user. I added all users to a commmon group <star>
Orig Msg> and did a 'chgrp -R star <directory_that_it_was_installed>'
Orig Msg> Still no luck.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Did I miss something? Or can I only run this as the user it
Orig Msg> was installed under? Hmmmmm.  Maybe my cold has effected something here?

The proper way to hve multiple installs of SO is to do use:
setup /net

Each user has to then do a network install since they own
all of their own data.
The network install does a full install and each user only
has about 2MB of data in $HOME/Office51.

They way you are doing it is for a single user install, thats why you are
seeing permission problems.

JLF Sends...

--
When I said to people to use PGP/GPG for all email they laughed at me
and said they don't use encryption because they have nothing to hide