Need help changing shells

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 11:26:11 -0700

backup /etc/passwd
edit /etc/passwd , change your username's shell to /bin/csh

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex W. Smith [mailto:alex.smith@asu.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 8:19 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Need help changing shells

Hello all:

I am a recent Linux(Red Hat 6.2) convert.  I need help changing shells;
I use the "chsh -s --/bin/csh" command.  Bash tells me the it is
changing shells, but the tells me I need to use the full path name.  I
thought  /bin/csh was the full path name.  /bin/csh is in the etc/shells
file.

In addition, I am having trouble finding the file/script the determines
the colors displayed in the Gnome terminal emulator (i.e., blue=dir, no
color=file, etc.)

And last but not least,  Does any one know where I can get information
regarding the use of Netscape Messenger.  I was an Outlook die hard and
need help fast!

Many thanks,

Alex