Star Office

Thomas, Mark Mark.Thomas@hit.cendant.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:06:06 -0400

IIRC, you need to install it as root with the /net option; this will install
the software.  Then, as a mortal user, you run the setup program *from the
installed StarOffice bin dir*, and this will copy about 2MB of files to the
user's home dir that are needed to run the software.

This is off the top of my head--insert standard disclaimer here.

--
Mark "T.C." Thomas
Datawarehouse Programmer
Hotel Information Technology
Cendant Corporation
mark.thomas@hit.cendant.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Starke [mailto:mstarke@mobl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 9:11 AM
To: PLUG
Subject: Star Office

I just installed Star Office (5.1) <found a cd laying around>.
I first installed it as root under /usr/local and could only
run it as root.
I then installed it as a user, under another directory, and could
run it only as that user. I added all users to a commmon group <star>
and did a 'chgrp -R star <directory_that_it_was_installed>'
Still no luck.

Did I miss something? Or can I only run this as the user it
was installed under? Hmmmmm.  Maybe my cold has effected something here?
--
V/R
Mike Starke

chgrp -R USMC /home/*