Parental Controls and Linux

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 01:01:36 -0700

> And saying this is another.  I hope no-one here said this.  AFAIK it was
> not a "rights" discussion until now.

I was not speaking about opinions that I heard within this news group, but
more along the lines of the comments that end up on sites like slashdot when
the issue comes up.
    It seems the more often than not the general attitude is something along
the lines of "You should never filter the internet for any reason what so
ever.  If you teach your kids correctly they won't get into it ever." ....
like kids ALWAYS do exactly what you tell them.
Of course, if they aren't getting into it anyway and you have a good filter,
they will never know it.  ...but if they are, they will know that you don't
want them looking at it.

Brian Cluff