DHCP / ip_masq_icq.o

Don Harrop don@nis4u.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:13:58 -0700

Just in case anyone is interested I figured out why I couldn't get my
ip_masq_icq module source to compile.  It was looking for
/usr/src/linux/.config if you remember but reverted back to /proc for kernel
parameters after it couldn't find it.  Turnes out that I had to run "make
menuconfig" and save my options to that .config file it couldn't find.  This
was a new install and I hadn't recompiled the kernel at all thus no .config
file yet.  I thought that by using /proc it would be just as good but I
guess not.

On another note does anyone have experience with DHCP on Linux.  I've got
the server running but when I set clients to use dhcp (windows boxen) I get
an access denied but in the /var/stat/dhcp/dhcpd.leases file it shows a
lease entry.  Any ideas?

Don