off topic: cisco routers

Joel Dudley joel@silverw.com
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:54:26 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01BFFBA6.DBF51C40

Need a little advice on a cisco router problem.  Ever since the power =
outtage monday (nothing happened to the router, i think, it has a UPS)  =
the fast ethernet interface on our Cisco 1720 router has been freezing =
up.  only a cold reload will enable it again.  when the interface is =
frozen it still registers traffic on the interface.  Strange. I have =
checked the basics.  No deny ip any statements in my config or anything. =
 If anyone has some light or experience on this subject please contact =
me off the list.  Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

- Joel
joel@silverw.com

---
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, =
the
story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; =
he is
about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final =
rock,
he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for
centuries."

- Dr. Robert Jastrow
        Founder of NASA"s Goddard Institute for space studies

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01BFFBA6.DBF51C40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Need a little advice on a cisco router=20
problem.&nbsp; Ever since the power outtage monday&nbsp;(nothing =
happened to the=20
router, i think, it has a UPS)&nbsp; the fast ethernet interface on our =
Cisco=20
1720 router has been freezing up.&nbsp; only a cold reload will enable =
it=20
again.&nbsp; when the interface is frozen it still registers traffic on =
the=20
interface.&nbsp; Strange. I have checked the basics.&nbsp; No deny ip =
any=20
statements in my config or anything.&nbsp; If anyone has some light or=20
experience on this subject please contact me off the list.&nbsp; Thank =
you for=20
taking the time to read my message.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>- Joel</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:joel@silverw.com">joel@silverw.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>----------------------------------------------------------------=
------------<BR>"For=20
the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, =
the<BR>story=20
ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he =
is<BR>about=20
to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final =
rock,<BR>he is=20
greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there=20
for<BR>centuries."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>- Dr. Robert=20
Jastrow<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Founder of NASA"s =
Goddard=20
Institute for space studies</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01BFFBA6.DBF51C40--