Quad Screen

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:33:52 -0700

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 05:59:26PM -0700, Don Harrop wrote:
> So far I can only get additional screens stacked on top of eachother.  Do
> you know of a way to set them up in more of a box shape.  Two stacked on the
> right and two stacked on the left?

I'm not sure you can divide the screen vertically.  But you can hit
C-a shift-S to split the screen horizontally, and then C-a tab to get
into the bottom screen, and then C-a c to create a new session inside
the lower region.  Took me a few minutes to figure out why no new shell
was started in the new region... the region division is independent
of the virtual consoles.  If you create yet more new virtual screens,
they get created in whichever region you are in; you cannot have both
full-screen sessions and divided-screen sessions at the same time,
apparently.

Now does anybody know why none of backspace, delete or control-h can
delete characters when I'm running screen?  It works fine outside of
screen... I'm using gnome-terminal on Solaris at work.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org