What happened to linux HOWTOs

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:40:00 -0700 (MST)

\_ Wait wait.  Are you saying here that *Netscape* caches DNS entries?
\_ Really? I didn't know that it's caching applied to DNS entries, just
\_ thought it cached pages, graphics, and related according to address.
\_ Sorry about b/w waste but this surprised me.

Well, it might not be caching DNS, but it only will try to resolve the
host once.  So if you have adbanner.evilempire.com mapped to 127.1 in
your /etc/hosts, let NS browse to adbanner.evilempire.com, remove the
hosts entry, and then go browse it again (w/o dumping NS), you'll
register a second hit on 127.1.  To get it to go visit the real site
you'll need to dump and reload.

David