Cox and DHCP

Craig White CraigWhite@AzApple.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:55:58 -0700

depends upon the distro...Redhat uses pump and not dhcpd.

there was somebody that sent me to a page that told how to do it with
pump/redhat but I gave up 'cuz it was too much bother. All I needed to do
was to hook up my Windows laptop, let it set up the ip address, and then use
the info gleaned from Cox as fixed addressing on linux. Not elegant but put
an end to the time waste.

Craig

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445