Cox and DHCP

Thomas, Mark Mark.Thomas@hit.cendant.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:47:35 -0400

David,

I am using Cox@Home cable service.  Here is the syntax I use:

/sbin/dhcpcd -d -h "CX10xxxx-A" eth1

If something similar doesn't work for you, try removing the dhcp line from
the startup scripts and then starting it after you log in.  If that works,
then something is happening out of order in your scripts.

If you still have difficulties, send me the details of your setup and we can
compare notes.

Good luck.

--
Mark "T.C." Thomas
DataWarehouse Programmer
Hotel Information Technology division
Cendant Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: David Demland [mailto:ddemland@cadtel.com]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 4:23 PM
To: PLUG Discuss
Subject: Cox and DHCP

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01BFA889.422E74F0

My Linux box has two NICs in it. One has a static IP for the internal =
network, eth0. The second needs to be connected to my cable modem. The =
second one needs DHCP enabled. I have set up eth1 with DHCP using =
linuxconfig. After I do this and reboot I see the network start up. eth0 =
comes up just fine. But eth1 hangs. It does not come back. I think that =
I am not connecting with the DHCP right. I have read the HOWTO on cable =
modems, but it does not address the second NIC. What am I doing wrong?
=20
Thank You,
=20
David Demland