Hardware revisited

Mark R. Myers myers@fastq.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 07:52:30 -0700

Thanks to JJ's memory tester, now I'm baffled.
Most times, the computer doesn't come up. It does not even seem to do a post
test.
Usually I have found, with memory errors, that the computer will beep many
times if there is no memory, or if it is seated in wrong. This does nothing.
It does not even activate the video signal on my card.
Do you think it is possible (probable) that the video card is not performing
correctly, and thereby the POST test is failing?
I know this isn't a "Linux" issue, seeing that no OS can come up.
I'm just baffled.
To me it seems to be in order of likelihood:
1.    bad or not properly seated memory card
2.    bad motherboard
3.    bad processor (AMD K6-2 450MHz)
4.    bad memory

Any knowledgeable opinions?