[PLUG-Devel] url preference - a matter of syntax (?)

eric© ericlists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 23:05:43 MST 2011

I'm in no way a professional on this, so take the following with a
grain (or three) of salt :P

The way I've always looked at it was as a separation between
"internal" and "external" pages, meaning that if I set up a site for
myself/my company, and pages related to myself/my company would be
"internal" things, and if I were to host pages for other people not
related to myself/my company, those would be "external" pages.
Internal stuff would be thing.domain.com addresses, whereas externals
would be domain.com/thing.

This is strictly a personal preference thing, and from what I've
found, there's no technical difference between one way and the other.
Of course, again,I'm not a professional web designer/web admin, so
there could very well be other technical reasons for doing it one way
or the other, and I'll be paying attention to this thread to perhaps
learn something new.

Eric