[PLUG-Devel] Hi all

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Sep 7 17:26:50 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 11:21 -0700, Tim Heuer wrote:
> Lack of expression tools on Linux would hurt the scenario I outlined,
> but again, there are plenty of providers out there working on converter
> tools that integrate with XAML -- now that I think of it, Inkscape
> would be an awesome one to have that feature!
>
> XAML Spec/info: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747122.aspx

Good documentation, but I couldn't find the spec in there.  The
documentation keeps referring to an XML Schema file, but I can't find
it.  Is it shipped with Visual Studio?  I kinda get that impression from
the documentation.

Adding it to Inkscape should really be a pretty simple XSLT script.
Considering the similarity to VML I wouldn't be surprised if MS had
something like that form when they were contributing to the SVG spec.  I
would hate to start from scratch -- if you know anyone inside MS that
might have one, or something similar, I'd love to know about it :)

Also, if such a script existed, you guys could provide a copy of the
Open Clipart library in XAML.  That'd probably help even some
Silverlight developers with lots of Public Domain artwork.

If you'd like to discuss either of these more on or off list I'd be
happy to talk more about it.  I'm closely affiliated with both projects.

		--Ted